The Construction Site Supervisor will oversee the construction activities that take place on the work site and will be involved in the supervision of General Contractors, Subcontractors and Community Partners. He/She will report to the Director of Construction. All work crews and individuals on site will take their direction from the site supervisor, who is responsible for knowing what work must be done and applying resources to accomplish that work. The Construction Site Supervisor will plan, implement and oversee construction efforts at specific work sites. He/She will:
assure that the goals of the program are implemented and completed.
* Meets operational standards by contributing construction information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying construction management system improvements.
* Meets construction budget by monitoring project expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
* Accomplishes construction project results by defining project purpose and scope; calculating resources required;
* Establishing standards and protocols; allocating resources; scheduling and coordinating staff and sub-contractors; * Evaluating milestone assumptions and conclusions; resolving design problems; evaluating and implementing change orders.
* Approves construction projects by conducting inspections at critical phases; obtaining approvals from buyers.
* Prevents fines and interruptions by complying with, and enforcing, codes.
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures, and complying with legal regulations.
* Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* Establish & maintain high staff morale, model sound leadership and teamwork.
* Be an advocate for homeowners and facilitate availability of services and materials.
* Make suggestions and recommendations for repair.
* Schedule delivery of needed materials and labor requests.
* Trouble-shoot and identify construction problems; offer timely and safe solutions.
* Ensure project proceeds in a timely manner.
* Manage tool and materials inventory for each project. Ensure unused materials are accounted for and reported to the Director of Construction.
* Complete necessary reports and meet at least weekly with Construction Director to discuss construction progress.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* A positive attitude and willingness to equip and encourage co-workers
* Excellent communications skills.
* Established credibility and integrity.
* Minimum of 3-5 years experience in general construction with excellent hands-on construction skills.
* Experience in supervising construction projects.
* The ability to set priorities and exercise flexibility where necessary
* The willingness to accept other job responsibilities as needed.
*Addresses concerns of neighbors related to the MIR construction process
* Thorough knowledge of all facets of construction to include Stick, Modular, and SIP
* Excellent understanding of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, roofing, foundations, carpentry and masonry work
* Ability to read and understand blueprints, schematics, and construction documents
* Understanding of proper safety procedures and recognition of hazards
* Knowledge of construction codes and guidelines
* Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Excel, and other construction software
* Ability to critically look at craftsmanship
* Ability to mediate disputes using the win-win philosophy
* Ability to organize time, material, and labor
* The ability to multitask
* The ability to supervise numerous crews handling a variety of tasks
* Excellent communications ability
* Knowledge of streets, sewers, and public and private utilities
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Project Management, Quality Management, Supervision, Managing Profitability, Delegation, Supply Management, ADA Requirements, Civil Project Management, Estimating, Attention to Detail, Quality Focus
HND/BE or Any relevant certificate
MODE OF APPLICATION
All interested candidates should forward their Resume and cover letter to hr.danchezglobal @gmail.com or forward their names, qualifications, mobile phone numbers and post applying for to the message box or to the phone number stated on this advert page. Note that only short listed candidates will be contacted